Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tanaka powder from Myanmar


Tanaka powder from Myanmar. Got this from my friend that went to Myanmar. Since I'm using Bio-essence tanaka white range, I was curious to know if pure tanaka powder will work better.





The texture is 'pasty' rather than powdery







Yellowy brown paste that smells like fragrance wood







Tried to spread it, but it's just not spreading






 
So, I mix it with few drops of water





It looks muddy 




 
After a minute, it's drying...the area where tanaka wan being applied felt tight. I was told that it can be used as a foundation primer. I tried it but need to apply as a very thin layer or else your face will look surprisingly yellow :p This thin application of tanaka actually make your
skin look matte at first but it's a bit drying though at the end of the day.







Washed of. Skin seems brighter.



 

Hand  without tanaka look dull..I can't tell if this pure tanaka works better than bio-essence tanaka range. As you can see in my previous post in bio-essence tanaka range, the creams are in white, maybe its the colour that make skin appear fairer right after application. It's difficult to justified..Maybe I can mix tanaka powder into bio-essence tanaka white cream??? Not sure if its going to blend well..to be tried soon

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dear, I'm burmese :) normally just the tanaka itself is not meant to be a base. Its just to be used by itself like a moisturizer. Because the weather in Burma is hot so it keeps the skin cool.

Its more of a skincare then make up :)

Anonymous said...

I just try the Tanaka powder, I bought from Scott Market. It's really good for skincare. But, I just buy 1 piece, I dont know when I will go to Myanmar again. Where I can get it in Indonesia?

ayu aaron said...

hye can where can i get the powder?? and how much for it? pls kindly can email me at ayuaron@gmail.com...

azza mirza said...

Can found at www. facebook/azzamirzacollection

:: juxtaposed by pearle :: said...

BAbes...u can get it at geylang. Joo chiat complex jamu shop. They selling it for a cheap price. Been using it for many years now. And also the arab powder. Best sunscreen too. Thanaka and arab powder. Go check it out. Let me know what u think. Whatsapp me 8198-0148.

Sanjiwani Herbal said...

I am seeking best tanakha manufacturing company in myanmar since many days through internet but cannot find them. Anyone help me to provide their contact address with website or email id.

Anonymous said...

For those staying in west Singapore, you can get it from Clementi too. There is a burma mama shop at blk 328 area

Forum said...

hey, where can i buy thanaka powder in kuala lumpur, malaysia.

Anonymous said...

i get of this from clementi ..luckyly that my ma ma stay there..thank you so much.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails